As part of the Jessica Pond Remediation Project, Native Foresters was commissioned by Bligh Tanner Engineers to conduct a fauna and flora survey of the waterbody areas around Jessica Park, Minyama and prepare a Fauna and Flora Construction Management Plan.
The Fauna and Flora Construction Management Plan enabled the client to:
- Assess the fauna and flora which were likely to be impacted in the conduct of pond remediation works.
- Incorporate fauna habitat values into the redesign of waterbody areas.
- Select and implement mitigation measures and procedures to ensure that impacts on native species were minimised and/or avoided.
- Understand the specific minimum requirements for monitoring, reporting and review of the Construction Management Program.
- Undertake Sunshine Coast Councils Environmental Screening Process in order to determine any environmental factors relevant to the project.